Prize certificate redeemable for all-inclusive six-day/five-night stay at Viva Wyndham Azteca in Riviera Maya for two people, airfare included.
- Private beach with beach loungers and palapas.
- All-inclusive food & beverage choices featuring nine restaurants and three bars.
- Playacar Club de Golf and PADI-certified dive shop.
- Non-motorized water sports - windsurfing, kayaking, and snorkeling.
- Nightly cabaret entertainment and themed parties.
CheapCaribbean.com is the leading online resource for travelers interested in vacation deals to the Caribbean and Mexico. Its mission is to be the premier e-commerce beach company by inspiring and fulfilling the dreams of its stakeholders. The CheapCaribbean.com website provides in-depth content on hotel properties and destinations, including authenticated user reviews, exclusive insider tips, as well as beautiful destination photos. The online travel site has grown dramatically since its inception 13 years ago. The site attracts more than 50 million unique visitors a year, resulting in over 1.5 million customers serviced.
CHEAPCARIBBEAN.COM Sunscreen Selfie Official Rules
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR ODDS OF WINNING. ALL FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
2. ELIGIBILITY. Cheapcaribbean.com's Sunscreen Selfie (the “Contest”) is open to legal U.S. residents, 18 years old or older at the time of entry that have reached the age of majority in the province in which they reside by the start date of this Contest as identified below. Employees, contractors, directors and officers of CheapCaribbean.com, Inc., (“Sponsor”) and their respective parents, subsidiaries and affiliated companies, distributors and the advertising, fulfillment, judging and promotion agencies involved in the development and administration of the Sweepstakes (collectively “Promotion Parties”), and their immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and household members, whether or not related, are not eligible to participate. Void where prohibited by law. Subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s and judges decisions, which are final and binding on all matters related to the Sweepstakes
3. ENTRY. The Contest will begin at 10:01a.m. (Central Time) on May 23, 2014, and all entries must be received by 11:59 p.m. (Central Time) on May 26, 2014 (the “Contest Period”). The Website server’s clock is the official clock for this Sweepstakes.
All entrants hereby agree that upon submission of their photo, CheapCaribbean.com shall have an unlimited license to reproduce the photo, and create any derivative works of the photo in perpetuity, and that CheapCaribbean.com shall have the right to publish in any media whatsoever the photo (including any reproduction or derivative work) and use it in perpetuity, the entrant’s name and likeness for any lawful purpose, including promotional purposes, without further compensation. By entering the contest, entrant represents that entrant created the photo for his/her entry into this Contest. Upon entry, each entrant (on behalf of him/herself and his/her child/children) also releases CheapCaribbean.com from all liability arising from his/her entry in the Contest and use of the prizes, and agrees to sign any additional documentation which Cheapcaribbean.com may reasonably request addressing this or any other Contest rules. Cheapcaribbean.com reserves the right to request from any entrant additional documentation it reasonably believes is necessary to validate any entry or award any prize.
CheapCaribbean.com (“Sponsor”) will not be responsible for incomplete, lost, late, post-due, misdirected, copied, transferred, illegible entries or for failure to receive entries due to transmission failures or technical failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any network, hardware or software, whether originating with sender or Sponsor. In the event of a dispute, all online entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the owner as stated in the entry form. You acknowledge that in posting your Board it will be freely accessible to the public and you grant CheapCaribbean.com the right to so display. Any questions regarding the number of entries submitted or the owner of an email account shall be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, and Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entries by persons determined to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the Contest.
4. PRIZES. One (1) winner to receive a trip for two (2) to Viva Wyndham Azteca in Riviera Maya, Mexico. Prize includes round-trip coach class airfare for winner and one (1) guest from a major commercial airport near winner’s home within the 50 U.S./D.C. to Riviera Maya, food, beverage and one (1) double occupancy standard hotel rooms for five (5) nights at Viva Wyndham Azteca. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): $4000.00. Gratuities, parking fees, luggage fees, ground transportation; incidental charges and any other travel-related expenses not specified herein are the sole responsibility of winner. Winner and guest must travel together on same itinerary and travel from June 1, 2014 through June 1, 2015. Actual value of trip may vary based on point of departure and airfare fluctuations. Any difference between stated approximate retail value and actual value of prize will not be awarded. Selection of airline and hotel are solely within Sponsor’s discretion. Certain restrictions and blackout dates may apply. Winner must sign and return a release before awarding of prize. Travel guest must sign and return a travel release before any ticketing of travel occurs. Winner and guest must have all necessary identification and/or travel documents (e.g., a valid passport) required for travel. Trip must be completed within one (1) year after prize has been awarded to winner. Exact travel dates and arrangements subject to availability and winner must allow 30 days between booking and travel. Once travel guest is selected, he or she may not be substituted, except in Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. Airline tickets are non-refundable/non-transferable and are not valid for upgrades and/or frequent flyer miles. All airline tickets are subject to flight variation, work stoppages and schedule or route changes. Sponsor shall not be responsible for any cancellations, delays, diversions or substitution or any act or omissions whatsoever by the air carriers, hotels, venue operators, transportation companies, prize providers or any other persons providing any Grand Prize-related services or accommodations. Additional prize award details and travel information to be provided to the winner at the time of notification. Winner and guest are also responsible for obtaining travel insurance (and all other forms of insurance) at their option and hereby acknowledge that Sponsor has not and will not obtain or provide travel insurance or any other form of insurance. Lost, stolen or damaged airline tickets, travel vouchers or certificates will not be replaced or exchanged.
5. HOW TO ENTER/ODDS OF WINNING: You may enter 1 of 3 ways:
1. Entry form: Follow the instructions on the “Share Your Photo” tab of the sweepstakes microsite: http://sunscreenselfie.brightkit.com/. Enter your email address, zip code and photo and hit submit button.
2. Twitter: Tweet @cheapcaribbean and include your photo of how you’re staying safe in the sun for “Don’t Fry Day” and Memorial Day weekend. You MUST include #SunscreenSeflie for your entry to be valid.
3. Instagram: Mention @cheapcaribbean and include your photo of how you’re staying safe in the sun for “Don’t Fry Day” and Memorial Day weekend. You MUST include #SunscreenSeflie for your entry to be valid.
At the close of first round of sweepstakes, up to 25 images will be chosen as “finalists.” The finalists will be notified and displayed at http://sunscreenselfie.brightkit.com/ beginning on 5/27 at 1:00pm CST through 5/29pm at 11:59pm CST. During this time “the voting period” people will vote on their favorite photos. The photo with the most votes will win the Grand Prize.
Voting period is 5/27 at 10:01am CST through 5/29pm at 11:59pm CST. Only one vote per person, per day. Any attempt at using machines or bots to vote and thus skewing the results is not allowed. If there is determination that this occurs, finalists will be automatically disqualified.
6. GENERAL CONDITIONS. By accepting a prize, each winner grants Sponsor and/or their designees the right to use his/her name, biographical information, testimonial, photo and/or likeness and/or prize information or personal exposition (and/or any edited portion thereof) for advertising, publicity, promotional and other purposes in any and all media, now or hereafter devised, throughout the world in perpetuity, without additional compensation, notification or permission, except where prohibited by law. Released Parties (as defined below) are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, illegible, inaccurate, delayed, stolen, misdirected, undelivered or garbled entries or for postage-due mail; or for lost, interrupted or unavailable network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP), Website, or other connections, availability or accessibility or miscommunications or failed computer, satellite, telephone or cable transmissions, lines, or technical failure or jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions or computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties, or other errors or difficulties of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, computer, network, typographical, printing or otherwise relating to or in connection with the Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, errors or difficulties which may occur in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes, the processing of entries, the announcement of the prizes or in any Sweepstakes-related materials. Released Parties are also not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by site users, tampering, hacking or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes. Released Parties are not responsible for injury or damage to participants’ or to any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in this Sweepstakes or downloading materials from or use of the Website. Persons who tamper with or abuse any aspect of the Sweepstakes or Website, who are in violation of these Official Rules or who act in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner as solely determined by Sponsor, will be disqualified and all associated entries will be void. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Sweepstakes for any reason, including, but not limited to, should any portion of the Sweepstakes be, in Sponsor’s sole opinion, compromised by virus, worms, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes which, in the sole opinion of the Sponsor, corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play, or submission of entries, and, if terminated, at its discretion, randomly select the winners from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to action taken or as otherwise deemed fair and appropriate by Sponsor. Automated entries are prohibited, and any use of automated devices will cause disqualification. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process. Entrants may not register with multiple email addresses nor may entrants use any other device or artifice to register multiple times or as multiple registrants. Any entrant who attempts to enter with multiple email addresses under multiple identities or uses any device or artifice to register/play multiple times will be disqualified and forfeits any and all prizes won, in Sponsor’s discretion.
7. WINNER NOTIFICATIONS AND ACCEPTANCE. Potential winner will be notified and must contact CheapCaribbean.com team as instructed. If Sponsor cannot locate a winner within two (2) business days of date of attempted notification, the prize may be forfeited. Potential winners shall be required to complete, sign, have notarized and return to Sponsor an Affidavit of Eligibility and a Liability/Publicity Release (unless otherwise prohibited) within two (2) days of date of attempted notification. If a winner cannot be contacted within two (2) days, fails to complete, sign, have notarized and return the Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release within the required time period, is not in compliance with these Official Rules or a prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, prize may be forfeited. Sponsor is not responsible for any change of email address, mailing address and/or telephone number of entrants.
7. WINNERS LIST. For prizewinners list send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to Sponsor, CheapCaribbean.com Sunscreen Selfie Rules Winners List or Official Rules Request, 2500 N. Dallas Pkwy, Ste 440, Dallas, TX 75093. Requests must be received by August 1, 2014.
8. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. By entering the Sweepstakes, entrants agree that the Promotion Entities, Facebook, Inc. and their respective officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, “Released Parties”) (a) shall not be responsible or liable for, and are hereby released from, any and all costs, injuries, losses or damages of any kind, including, without limitation, death and bodily injury, due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, to participation in the Sweepstakes or any Sweepstakes related activity, or from entrant’s acceptance, receipt, possession and/or use or misuse of a prize (including any travel or activity related thereto); (b) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and participant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, consequential or any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses; (c) all causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and (d) any and all claims, judgments, and award shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, excluding attorneys’ fees and court costs.
9. GOVERNING LAW/JURISDICTION. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules or the rights and obligations of participants or Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the internal laws of the State of Pennsylvania, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other state laws. By entering, entrants consent to the jurisdiction and venue of the federal, state and local courts located in Bucks County, PA.